Friday, November 22, 2019

Somewhere in love

(1)

"What the hell! Are you crazy?"
In contrast with her dolly-face, she started frowning her brow prominently by looking down at me with despised manner, together with the action of slapping, the offering love letter in front of her face.
It was not unusual for giving such letter to a popular beautiful girl like her, but the weird thing was that those who came to offer the letter was only a skinny, dry-skinned and dull face young teenage like a rustic.
There was no lure to impress anymore and the more subtle, underestimated thing was she knew well that the little medical student was in the same class and was born of a normal family. She spoke out something to me.
"A meat bone that should show more respect for the curry pot."
With this word, she turned back by handing up her friend and went away. Meanwhile, I heard her friend shouting aloud, just before leaving.
"Right, It is a shame as he looks."
When she left, I remained alone by staring at the back of the haughty girl until the shadow disappeared gradually and fade away.



(2)

How long did it take to standing under the blazing sun. When I saw a shadow that fell before me, I came to my senses.
"What? Does Nan Oo Wai decline you again?"
It was my classmate, Phyo Wai Win, who nodded his head in an unsurprised manner.
"All women are the same, and if the proposed guy has a good-looking and rich family, maybe she'll treat differently."
Did my friend say it with impatience? Or did he want to suppress me? I didn't know exactly what it was. As I wiped away the sweat on my forehead with a long sleeve, I added, "I don't hate anyone as she has her own right to decline. It is not her fault! As you know, she has so many choices around.”
"It is unbearable! Is it normal for everyone to be treated differently? You will be a doctor six years later and either her too."
Phyo Wai Win continued to say.
"Hey, you try to get that girl, and I'll try to support behind you."
I was a little encouraged by the words of my friend Phyo Wai Win, who was only as smart and handsome guy.


 (3)

My friend started to support as he said and made the attempt as he promised, then became lovers finally. But not with me, be with that friend.
One of the odd things was that every time he had a face-to-face meet with me, he tried to avoid. Even though I was in the same class, I saw the two walking in and out together before my eyes, I had no envy on them. I could not comprehend my mind, which I had never imagined.
It was also a little strange. Was it possible that I did not love Nan Oo Wai, who was very popular at that time? Or did I only feel in the mood for a affair with a beautiful girl with zero possibility? When my friend became a boyfriend of her, I secretly agreed that couple in my subconscious mind as a good match like the sun and the moon.


(4)

"I didn't dare to face you at that time."
When I met him who had been separated for over two years and had been separated from Nan Oo Wai, he apologized. I said "I had already forgiven you at that time and no need to mention again."
At that time, I was also in my third year. I myself did not know why I became a poet and a writer unintentionally. When my poems had been transformed into a book, but my poetry had no one to buy and I remembered being forced to sell it by feeding up my classmates. About three years later, we all became doctors and had to go our way. No met again for another 10 years.


(5)

"I am a big fan of you, Sir."
A young, amused teenager in medical school introduces herself to me who was sitting in the canteen, thinking of the events of my youth. Unlike the past 15 years, there has been a change in the campus of the medical school, but there is also a strong community of students who are active and energetic with their vibrant eyes. And there is one thing left that has not changed until now was my crazy on writing.
There are two things that have changed significantly now. One is that I transform from a young teenager to adult. A few year ago, a young guy who had been holding a proposed letter before approaching a young girl, turned into a confident guy who was trusted by so many people. Another change was that I became a well-known writer.
"What more books will you release?"
The young medical student bending near me and asked respectfully.
"I think it's coming out next year."
"I likes all of your novels, articles, and everything, Sir! I read just one page a day because I am afraid of ending your novel"
With a cute manner of one finger up, and she said.
I think she is right. Yes, of course. Writing is a problem for many doctors who are successful not only in writing, but also in the clinic. Good books don't want to leave. Looking at this, a senior veterinarian doctor who was 15 years older than me warned about this.
"I don't want to say 'no' as your clinic is so successful, but don't want to weaken your gifted writing skills, so you should continue your writing when you’re young."
I promised to catch up all these works because I feel that he make me alert with some empathy. The young teenager girl said again.
"I came to school early today because I heard you was coming to medical school as a speaker"
I looked up at the girl, who was laughing with cute manner.
I replied, "If you choose your career as a doctor, you have to attend your class regularly, then you will be able to treat the patient well, OK!"
It was a little weird for me to say because as a medical student in her age, I was not  well in attending the class regularly and sometimes I failed to attend it. 
"Sir, will you be there in a moment? Then I will go first to class before you?"
Leaning her body a little with respectful manner and saying "Goodbye!" then, she ran away. I left alone by looking at her back with a gaze.

(6)

"I would like to say the greeting, but there are so many greetings around you, so I stopped going."
Phyo Wai Win, who was beginning to make a slight change in appearance, looked at me with an apology.
"Yeah, no problem! I understand. I didn't say hello because I cannot see you at that time. It’s Ok! We are just friends forever!"
I told him my deepest feeling, but the other guy was a little too disappointed. Phyo Wai Win replied with dejected voice. 
"As you know it is an event that we hold, so it's not a good thing for me to be treated like a friend in the middle of a crowd."
I grabbed my friend's shoulder with warmth.
"Let it be! What is your situation now, Phyo?"
Phyo Win Win smiled weakly and let out a sigh.
"Not many things to say," he said, "After finishing my degree, I was thinking about living at home, not getting a job like a rich kid, but there are some unexpected problems when dad got into a lawsuit. As a result, all our possessions had been sold out including our house and ground. Then I changed my decision to the field of pharmaceutical company as a manager. You know my salary got with US dollar, but it was not comparable amount with your fee of literature talk"
I was shocked and got some empathy on his words. Twenty-five years ago, a self-confident young medical student and a disesteemed young medical student broke up for years and met again, everything had changed inversely. Did the time change everything? 
Phyo Wai Win was also famous for his good looks and parental community. His father was a wealthy owner of timber factory, but unfortunately he had to face a lawsuit because of the black-market trading of timber, unfortunately he was close to finish medical school at the time. I heard once that his father was about to be imprisoned at that time they possessed has gone as an extra of this case. Meanwhile, Phyo Wai Win seem to feel the magnitude of fate.
"Are you married now?" I asked.
"Not yet, I have not been dating since separation with Nan." Phyo replied.
When he described the name of Nan, I remembered her whom I’d proposed in my university student life.
"Recently, There is a girl with whom our parents agreed by both sides. She is young, attractive and cute."
"Are you about to get married?" I asked.
"Not sure, the girl is super cute and her talk is nice. Actually, I've only met her twice. She is younger than me"
"Ohh..come on! Say it‘s fine."
He sighed slowly and replied, "It was like that, as for sweetheart whoever comes first, you can get one, but it was a little different in marriage, it depends only on destiny."
When we talked about the life, our talk changed by the events in schooling life. Finally, we reminisced about our youth days.


(7)

"Sir, you are my favorite!”
A modernized well-dressed young girl with an innocent face came to the clinic and confessed.
"Have you already read!" I asked.
"Not reading with the intention, but love it after reading."
I smiled at the girl who seemed open-minded.
"Every time we read the character in your novel, we almost imagine as you because most of them are handsome, talented, and high dignity."
The girl had simply been embarrassed to smile and told me.
"Just a kind of exaggeration by others," I said.
"Not others, Sir! Moh Moh said"
The girl, who proclaimed Moh Moh Kyaw, simply pointed out herself and laughed.
"How eloquent you are!" I said.
"Actually, it is all your words I learnt from your novel."
The lovely girl replied make me had a good laugh.
"You know there is something else?" She said again.
"My God! What’s that?"
"In your acting roles, the actor is always older than the actress."
I was shocked! I suddenly realized a truth that I had not noticed before. The writers are like chess players. The viewer is far more likely to see the game than the chess player.
"It may be that I am dreaming of what I want to be."
When I responded with a shy manner, the girl laughed recurrently.
"But it's good to read, sir."
With one finger up, she continued to speak.
"And there's still something to admit." 
"I like that type of gentleman who was always very solemn manner with good attitude as your character”
A clear voice came out of her mouth slowly. At that time, my whole heart was frozen.


(8)

A girl with loves!!!
That girl was tender-hearted and lovely like a flower. As the dawn of winter mornings begin to feel the coldness of the breeze clinging with the mist make feeling warmth and peace of mind concurrently. This feeling is similar like that. Not only does love bring peace, but it also brings joy and happiness. One thing is certain: The girl makes me calm and comfortable feeling. She might be the apostle who is sent from the love of the goddess who can bring joy and happiness. Soon, the bond of friendship between us quickly became beyond love.

(9)

"Brother, I have something to admit."
Later, when Moh Moh Kyaw became my girlfriend, then she called me "Brother."
“What’s the matter?”
Her cheeks flushed a little.
"There is someone who agrees with me from parents."
"What?"
When she saw my gestures, she shook her head hurriedly.
"No, No! You don't have to worry about that," she said "just to let you know. I'm afraid I might have to cover this case when we get married."
At the time of saying, her little face became pink.
"You know I have already denied him, and my father allowed me what I want”
Her open expression was unmistakable and make me smiled.
"Who is he?"
"He is also a doctor. He is now a manager at a drug company."
"His Name is"
"Dr Phyo Wai Win"
At the end of her words, I was surprised at the fate.

(10)

A girl was anxiously waiting for the crowd to get off the plane. It took a long time they separated, but she hoped if he could remember and she feels embarrassed about her refusal to him until now. At the same time, she felt an awful lot of emotions that she had never felt before.

While she was thinking, the young man, dressed in a western suit, pushed his four-legged suitcase and came close to her. When he noticed the company uniform of her, he smiled and saluted.
"Are you from Soe Htet Thar company? I am Dr. Paing Soe."
It is no wonder that a clear, smile and attractive face will be a thin, dry-skinned student once who has been rejected by her over the past 15 years ago. It seems that aging was not replacing his youth anymore, but making him more impressive and great personality instead. His dark eyes were shining and bright with confidence.

As she was handing over hand and said, "Nice to meet you, Sir, I am Nan Oo Wai, MD of Soe Htet Thar company.”
The young man suddenly appeared in surprise and the question came out.
"Is that you, Nan?"
Nan Oo Wai gently curled her lips and stripped off the black sunglasses. He shocked suddenly.

(11)

"Don't you remember me at first?"
As they were eating their lunch at the restaurant, they chatted with each other. At that time, Nan asked with her glistening side-glance, which manner make me to remember her past of how beautiful she was.
"Actually, I remembered, but you were wearing sunglasses to cover your whole face."
Nan laughed a lot and replied.
"As I get older, I need to wear sunglasses to prevent to remember from old friends."
We, too, laughed aloud together and Nan continued.
"I heard that you were sitting around the clinic without a rest every weekend. I think you have saved money to get married."
"Appreciate a life in which everything is tried." I replied.
"Like workaholic?"
"I used to think of myself as saying these things by others. For me, it just seemed like a lot of responsibility I have to do."
Nan Oo Wai laughed loudly.
"Hey, hey, I heard that you're working so hard, and another issue is...”
She interrupts her voice and continued with a low tone.
"Spending your life as a single?"
"You are both wrong. I am not working hard at my table as you said, I also do some matters like Public speaking that I have been invited by your company for product training and marketing. Tomorrow I have to stand in front of your company staff. You said I make myself to be single man! It is totally wrong. In reality, it happened by its own. That’s all."
She laughed so much enough to choke.
"Well, well, you are growing old, don’t you think you need a life partner."
"Partner? Doesn't that depend on a destiny?" he asked again.
Meanwhile, the phone rang, and the conversation stopped abruptly. Paing Soe picked up his phone and said “wait a minute, please." And then, he went out for a phone immediately. 
After a while, he came in again and apologized for the "Sorry."
"Is work important?"
"Not for the work, just personal matters, I'll have to go back after tomorrow training, please reschedule the air ticket."
"If you finished training, I was planning on sending you where you want to go."
He said, "No, Moh Moh will have to go abroad in the next month, then I have something to do for her matter." 
She was stunned into silence.
"Moh Moh is who?"
"My dear"
A sudden surge of blood spilled over the face and the earth was turned upside down.


(12)

As the plane slowly disappeared from the airport, tears streamed down from Nan Oo Wai's face. Can Times Change? Or is a love ever changing? She herself even did not know the answer to these questions.



(The End)
..................

Dr. Aye Min Htoo 
(published in Ziwaka Magazine)

Total word count : 2786
Total characters : 14,806


No comments:

Post a Comment