Monday, January 13, 2020

Beyond a rain incessantly



(1)

A young beautiful girl!!!
The girl who dressed neatly and bore a sweet smile making a youthful expression like a blooming flower was right in front of him. 
"If you don't get better, come back again." she said.
While looking out her face silently, he gained his conscious back.
"What did you say, Doctor?" 
He asked embarrassingly. The young lady doctor smiled again.
"I said if your injury don’t get better, then please come back again."
"Oh, I see! I'll surely come be back again to see you."
His awkward answer make the girl smiled wholeheartedly. The smile like a drop of water poured into his heart deeply.




(2)

"Her name is Su Aww Chel, 25 years old, unmarried, being a doctor for 2 years, and what more do you would like to know?" Min Thu, a friend of Moe Swe, said.
"When I know her name and marital status, it is almost enough!”
"Look, I have given all informations that I know. The rest is yours!” Min Thu said.
"Don’t worry! Your new is worthy enough since she was unmarried.” Moe Swe replied with smile.
“You looks so tired! So Let’s drink together."
He pours some alcohol into two little glass and pass it to his friend.
The two friend hold their cups together and drank heavily. 
Ohh! It tastes so Good!


(3)

After Moe Swe get the information, he went to Su Aww Chel’s clinic every day with the reason of follow up of his injury. Sometimes, he brought some ill friends with unexplainable disease. At first, Su didn't realize why the patients came one after another day by day, but later on she realized the truth behind it. The patient had no obvious disease, but most had minor symptoms like headache and abdominal pain. Even though the patient has changed, a client- Moe Swe had never changed . He regularly came to clinic before the clinic opened. It was usual on daily basis.

One day, Moe Swe was waiting outside the clinic. When Su came to open the clinic and saw him. She approached to Moe Swe and said:
"You looks quite tired!"
"Why?”
“Because of your sick friends"
"Oh, I'm not tired. You know I have plenty of friends and these guys had always been unwell. For me, it was a kind of merit.”
Suu looked at him with a broad smile.
"Really! Don’t you tired of treating your pretend friends."
"What?"
"I saw your friend coming last night, whom I remember very well because he was the same patient you called to me on that day. That night, he came back again by himself. When I asked his suffering are not relieving yet?"
Su checked Moe Swe’ face and continue her words.
“He then said this time he was really painful at the abdominal area, not pretending like before! He also told me that it was due to your treating him without beneficence.”
His face became flash with boiling sensation.
“Could you deny in this case?"
He even cursed, "you bastard, Than Zaw!"
"This is .. this is ..."
"Well, let it be. Please don’t bring next time, Ok! We can be friend without that.”
The open-mindedness words made him a bit of relief.
"So isn't that you make angry?"
"No, I am not! but don't bring in such ways. If you do again, I will probably be a real angry."
By this mean, they had become acquainted closely with each other. Six months later, they fell in love.


(4)

"Be aware Su! This guy is just a cheat?"
A warning word came out of her best friend, Yoon. 
Su already heard Moe Swe was not a good guy by his surroundings, but it may not offend her anymore because she loved him a lot.
"No, it is not the true. Moe Swe is a good guy and he loves me so much."
Yoon showed some sympathy upon her.
"I know this is difficult to accept! You have never encountered in such way like the guys make you fool easily especially for those girls who has never been in a relationship with a boy like you? For them, there is no much afford needed to date a girl. They can easily trick you like that."
She mannered her thumb and finger like a spinning movement. But Su shook her head intolerably.
"No, I know exactly he won't do that."
"Imm, it's hard to say. I met him at a junction center yesterday, together with a young girl holding their hand with each other. You know if I have a phone at that time to prove you that your man is here?"
It was the first time she confused and believed in Yoon because her friend had never been told a lie before. She thought silently and said, "I guess it may be his sisters." 
Yoon’s lips just curl and said.
"I wished so, but the condition is hard to say when I saw them walk together in pairs."
Her tear was in situation to fall down.


(5)

"What's the matter? why are you crying all the time, and nothing to answer?"
Su wiped out her tears with the palm and looked up him.
"Where're you going yesterday? Are you be with a girl at junction centre?"
"Who said"
"Yoon"
"That girl is jealous of our relation. Yesterday, I went to the junction centre with a girl, but it is not my girlfriend."
"If so, why did you hold her hand like a pair?"
"It's hard to say. Look! she's my cousin. She’ve never been to Yangon. She is afraid of break up in crowd.”
As Moe Swe angrily explained, she wouldn’t dare to ask again in this case.
"Ok, that‘s enough. I will not ask you again. Sorry!"
When she said quietly, Moe Swe lulled by grabing her hand gently.
"Trust me, I will never betray you. Ok!"
He dragged and hold her little body into his bosom. Su went deep under his bosom finally.


(6)


"What? .. if so ..."
"Yes, Yoon, I was already having an affair with him in such way!"
"Are you crazy? What the hell are you doing? You believe in a man so stupidly?"
Fuming with anger, Su’face became small.
"I refuse his desire at first, but he insist that I did not really love him or believe him. That break my heart! You know how much I love him. When he said in such way, what can I do then. So I followed him."
"Drop dead, Su! He will surely leave you when he get what he want."
"No, it can’t be! He will only marry me. he promised yesterday."
She smiled wryly.
"Well, now you will not accept my words? But One day ... Imm, I pray it will not come that day either."
Su listened Yoon’s words like a sinner. In her mind, she still denies that he is not such kind of man.


(7)


"Let's get us married!"
While leaning on the broad shoulder of Moe Swe, she said hurriedly. The other side, Moe Swe was dismayed prominently.
"Why? Why are you getting in such hurry? There's nothing ready for us to marry. Please wait a while."
"It's impossible to turn down this time because I became pregnant now."
"What? What the hell are you saying, Su? You got pregnant, right? Impossible. Absolutely impossible! You used contraceptive pills in front of me while we were together, Yoon!"
"Even when I took the pills, it will not give 100% protection. I have already told you about that” Su replied.
"Non sense! Something is wrong. There is no reason to get pregnant. That baby isn't mine! You are getting pregnant by another! You just cheated me."
Suu shocked a lot enough to stun into silence. By looking at the face of Moe Swe, tears flowed heavily.
"What the hell did you say, brother? To whom will I going wrong? I was just dedicated my whole life for you. I did it as you wanted!"
"Oh! No way, this doesn't make any sense. It is impossible. You're lying."
Suu was crazily sad by seeing him who was bitterly opposed.
"Just be frank. You don’t take any responsibility?"
"I have no responsibility in this case because this baby is not mine. So just abort it. I know you can do it by yourself!"
The last words hit not only her dignity, but also the doctor's pride as well.
"What do you mean? Do I abort this baby? No way! I will never make it as a doctor. You know I am not stupid enough to kill my own baby, I’m not that cruel!"
She started crying. Moe Swe held the shoulder and said slowly.
"Look! You must do all the things depending on the situation you face. Please abort this child. I apologize you, please! Su."
For the first time, she looked at him filled with loathing.
"I Got it! You can't take any responsibility, right?"
No words came out of him at this point. She bit off her lower lip deep.
”I have been wrong once in my life. It wouldn't be fair to make a blame on my innocent baby. Now I have decided not to terminate my child whenever it was. I'm going to feed on this child until growing up. I just wish it was the last time I met a wicked man like you."
Suu spoke defiantly and walked away.


(8)

"What shall I say, Su?"
She grumbled sadly by looking at the sobbing face of Suu. The inescapable being pregnant for six months makes her to stay in Yoon apartment’s room. She had not even dared to tell her mother afraid of demanding to abort instantly. There is no alternative. Finally, Suu came to her closest friend, Yoon, and stayed in the silent apartment lonely. 
"Didn’t he call you at all? "
"No, he never had been holding even my phone call since I get pregnant, and he had never allowed to meet again."
Without saying, Yoon kindly looked at Suu's face. Suu smiled as if she understood Yoon's look.
"What? Are you feeling pity on me? Don’t be pitied. It's all my fault. Just the sin resulting from my ignorance of your warning earlier to pay attention. I blindly believed in Moe Swe. This is a time of great tribulations and sins simultaneously. I don't want to blame my guiltless baby. I suffered great misfortune in this life because of my past deed. If I continue to do such thing again, the misdeed will never end in samsara. You know I'm really scared of that. Even if I still have to pay back, I wish I have already repaid in this life as a whole!"
"So have you decided to born this baby?”
"This child is a descendant of such bastard Moe Swe, but that is another issue, it is just a human life. How can I able to terminate my own baby with the love of a mother or the heart of a doctor? If I decide to abort this child, I will be a complete knave like his father"
The words hit the heart like an arrow. No more words came out.
"And I have decided to raise this child to be a good man. I will never let him a bastard like his father. That's my ultimate decision."
Yoon was completely in silence because of her determined words. She finally realized that the fortune can change the outlook of a young girl.


(9)


"You must to deliver with a doctor in the hospital."
"No, Please! Don't let me do in such way.” she apologized with sympathetic manner. "You know when I give birth in the hospital, I have been asked who's the father. I don't want to answer anymore. Also, the doctor who performs me birth will surely know me, then I can't bear to their belittle look, please forgive me!”
With a small face with disheartened manner, Yoon decided to let her do as she said. In these days, Su has changed a lot in the posture with physical frailty against her increasingly prominent abdomen like a ball. As a good friend, Yoon had no time to continue his usual design career.


(10)


"I am in deep pain, I think I'm going to give birth. Could you go and call mid-wife, please?"
Yoon hurriedly drove the car after Su’s excruciating sound. Fortunately, a mid-wife’s destination is not too far from them. When Yoon approached near to the house of Daw Pu, a midwife, a crowd congregated around something in the street. The car had to be stopped because of the crowd. When she got out of the car, she saw someone falling in the street with a bloody mess.
"What happened?"
"The man getting stabbed!"
"Don't know exactly, according to the surroundings, he was stabbed because he didn't want to take responsibility for the destruction of his younger sister and then the girl’s brother just stabbed him! No need for empathy for that guy!”
She heard the conversation among the crowd. Then an ambulance arrived and shifted into the car. As the crowd spare at that moment, she saw the face of that guy in a flash.
"Moe Swe!"



(11)


The baby's piercing cry came out from the apartment loudly.
"What is the gender?"
"A boy... A baby boy."
When she ran into the room with rejoicing, Daw Pu put a wrapped baby in her hand and said in an urgent tone.
"The baby is getting all right. But the patient is bleeding too much and I can't control it. Bring to the hospital hurriedly right now.”
When Yoon looked at the pale fainted face, she was sad and wanted to cry spontaneously. But she kept suppressed that feelings, and quickly take a car and rushed to the hospital.



(12)

A new grave!
A little girl stood in front of the grave holding a bouquet. There is a beautiful name on the white new grave.
“Dr. Su Aww Chel”
25 years old.”
The standing girl uttered a sigh, and a voice came out.
"Don’t worry for your child. I promise to take care of him until he grows up. I wish you rest Peacefully!”
She whispered and put on the bouquet on the grave. When the breeze struck, the bouquet falls off the tomb. When she was going to bend down and pick up the flower, she noticed the other tomb beside simultaneously. She caught the sight of the grace automatically.
"Moe Swe
29 years old "
Looking at and comparing the two new graves, she pondered and said:
“How unfortunate you are! You have been lying down next to the man whom you hate till your last breath? I wish you will not meet him again in the afterlife.”
Her sound faded away into the air as she came out with her sluggish steps. Two graves were left behind in the haze.





(.......................................The End......................................)



With many thanks

Dr. Aye Min Htoo
(14th January 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment